Wednesday, April 27, 2011

White Chocolate... Again

I’m going to see my socal friends this weekend which means there’s a need to make something with white chocolate... those boys haha I ran out of macadamia nuts and I didn’t have time to run to the store this week so I settled on making these white chocolate chip cookies. Again, hating things that are too sweet, I purposely made the batter less sweet knowing I was going to be using white chocolate which is uber sweet. We’ll see if them boys like these in replacement to their usual white chocolate macadamia nut cookies lol

recipe adapted from allrecipes... I halved the recipe which makes about 30

-1/2 cup butter, softened
-1 cup sugar
-1 egg
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup flour
-1/3 cup cocoa powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-3/4 cup white chocolate chips or chunks

sift together the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt), set aside
cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
add egg and vanilla
add the dry ingredients a couple spoonfuls at a time
fold in the white chocolate
refrigerate the cookie dough for at least an hour before using it
drop by spoonfuls (or use a melon baller) onto baking sheets
bake at 350 for 8-10 min
let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for about 2 min (finish baking)  before transferring them to cooling racks


No comments:

Post a Comment